Camera 101 Workshop Resources
This page contains links to handouts, videos and other resources used during RETN's Camera 101 Workshop. Bookmark and use this page as a reference when you need to refresh your memory. Learn more about all of our workshops, and view our workshop schedule HERE.
How to start using the Canon XA-10 Video Camera.
How to set up a Canon XA-10 Video Camera on a tripod.
Do you know which microphone you want to use?
Are you having audio issues?
Four Key Elements to Good Video - FACE - RETURNING SOON
Other Video Resources
- 3-Point Lighting Explained —An 11-minute video by VCAM's Bill Simmons
- Microphone Options—A 6-minute explanation of various microphone options by Izzy Video
- PART 1—Film Basics: Crew Positions | PART 2—Film Basics: Crew Positions
Other Web Resources
- Copyright and Creative Commons Information — RETN's overview page with links to videos and online resources
- Top Ten Audio Tips by John Tubbs of CITES-Academic Technology Services/Digital Media Group
- Packwoman: Integrating iPads in the clasroom — Jessica Pack's Web site and blog
- “How to Shoot Video that Doesn’t Suck” — by Steve Stockman
- “The Director in the Classroom: How Filmmaking Inspires Learning - Version 2.0” — by Nikos Theodosakis
- “Digital Storytelling: Connecting Standards to Movie-Making” — by Jessica Pack