Basic Skills for Making Good Videos
This workshop is designed to help you develop your skills for creating videos that look and sound great. In this 90-minute hands-on workshop, you will learn to properly frame your shot, light your subject, and smoothly zoom and pan. You will also learn to choose and connect the right microphone for your project.
Completion of Camera 101 or experience with video cameras is required.
During this workshop you will:
- Practice the camera skills you learned during Camera 101
- Learn lighting, action, and framing tips and tricks to make your videos look more professional
- Learn about free resources for equipment, consultation, instruction and distribution
- Gain access to RETN web resources to assist you in future productions
Instructors: RETN Staff
Dates & Times:
RETN Offices at the The Media Factory,
208 Flynn Avenue, Burlington
*Please contact us at email@example.com or (802) 654-7980, ext. 24 for more information or if you require financial assistance.
- 3-Point Lighting Explained —An 11-minute video by VCAM's Bill Simmons
- Microphone Options—A 6-minute explanation of various microphone options by Izzy Video